RICHED20: TODO list additions

Kuba Ober kuba at mareimbrium.org
Wed Jul 27 09:07:17 CDT 2005

On Friday 22 July 2005 11:41, Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:
> "Phil Krylov" <phil at newstar.rinet.ru> wrote:
> > Added some missing but useful items to the RichEdit TODO list.
> >
> > + * - full justification
> > + * - hyphenation
> > + * - tables
>
> What kind of hyphenation richedit needs? Would an automatic, not
> dictionary based algorithm suffice?

There was some apparently good, groundbreaking work done for TeX's hyphenation
algorithms. I don't have the reference handy, but it's at least a very good
algorithm for English, and it seems like many other lanugages that people use
TeX with also put that method to good use.

If anyone cares, I'll try digging up that reference from TeXbook.

Kuba