Fix Using DDraw to Access the Desktop

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Thu Jul 28 04:32:53 CDT 2005

Robert Shearman <rob at codeweavers.com> writes:

> I'm pretty sure Windows NT doesn't allow you to have direct access to
> the video memory so surely Windows must be doing it like this too?
> How do you suggest to fix the problem?

Windows will certainly let you access the video memory, but since we
can't do that I'm afraid there is no good solution. We could grab the
server but that probably causes more problems than it solves.

Maybe we should simply not try to update the root window when no clip
list is set, since it can't work right anyway. Apps that really need
that feature could always be run in desktop mode.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org