Benchmark's on the Wiki

Holger Dell mail at holger-dell.de
Thu Jul 28 10:34:08 CDT 2005

hi,

Christoph Frick wrote on 07/28/2005 11:55 AM:
> or is there a way to not only test "functionality" with tests but also "speed"? i guess this
> would be nice to find bottlenecks.
>
> (maybe this is already done - if so excuse my ignorance ;))

has anyone ever tried to use grpof or any other profiling tool to
analyze, which code eats most cpu time (=bottlenecks).
normally, if you develop something, you first go for functionality and
after that for speed. it's not good for wine to hack for speed (like
cedega does, as far as I know) and recognize later, that it was the
wrong decision, because of incompatibilities or incompleteness. (my
professor would say "..and now we can calculate bullshit in a nanosecond").
nevertheless, it would not be wrong to have some clearly arranged
detailed time profiling of wine, when started with several different
applications.

holger.