Process Explorer and 16-bit windows applications

Paul Vriens Paul.Vriens at xs4all.nl
Thu Jul 28 14:20:23 CDT 2005

Hi,

I've reported before that I still had an issue with the version of 16bit
windows applications (and hence 16bit resource) reported by Process
Explorer. I've emailed the developer about this. His answer:

On Thu, 2005-07-21 at 00:20, Mark Russinovich wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> I make no effort to support 16-bit programs in Process Explorer. On Windows
> NT-based OSes the run within Ntvdm.exe processes and not as "real"
> processes.
>
> -Mark

So there was no issue after all. All other version information tools
I've used so far, show the correct versions for both win16 and win32
resources.

Just to let you know (if you're interested at all in this :-) )

Cheers,

Paul.