wine/dlls/ntdll loadorder.c

Peter Oberndorfer kumbayo84 at arcor.de
Thu Jul 28 16:46:33 CDT 2005

On Thursday 28 July 2005 23:14, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> Peter Oberndorfer <kumbayo84 at arcor.de> writes:
> > Same thing happens here with WinDbg 6.5.3.7 which comes with dbghelp.dll
> > in app directory.
>
> If you mean it fails to load dbghelp completely then that's a bug. If
> it's loading the builtin dbghelp instead of the native then it's a
> feature <g>
It's a bit of both :-)
The dbghelp shipped with WinDbg has a SymSetParentWindow entry point which is
not (yet) available in wine.
So it catches fire when the function is called.
Adding a SymSetParentWindow stub is easy but shouldn't it load the dbghelp.dll
in the app dir?
Or does dbghelp get some special treatment because it has ability to read
other debug formats?)
OllyDbg is another application that comes with newer dbghelp.

I don' know if it is important but the dependency tree for windbg is:
windbg ->dbgeng.dll(native dll in app dir) ->dbghelp
windbg ->dbghelp

Greetings Peter