usp10.dll regression

Oliver Stieber oliver_stieber at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jul 31 12:54:17 CDT 2005

--- Steven Edwards <steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> --- Oliver Stieber <oliver_stieber at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> >  Reciently I've been getting a lot of applications failing with 'unimplemented function
> > usp10.dll.ScriptGetFontProperties' and I've had to use native usp10.dll which I didn't need to
> > before.
>
> Yes I stubbed it out trying to get the PowerPoint 2003 Viewer to work. The viewer will open now
> but PowerPPT presentations still don't load. I guess we need to switch the dlloverrides until
> someone feels like implementing it.

I don't think it should be too hard to implement for 'basic' western fonts just using stubs and
standard font matrix , but I couldn't see any of the layout algorithms for Arabic fonts &co. which
are going to be quite a bit harder to implement properly.

With ScriptGetFontProperties I don't get any text, but with usp10.dll disabled everything works
fine for me.