Google "Summer of Code"

Jesse Allen the3dfxdude at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 15:26:48 CDT 2005

On 6/3/05, Stefan Dösinger <stefandoesinger at gmx.at> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Well the biggest problem is the InstallShield installer, appart of this I
> haven't noticed any problem.
> (Well it needs the official 1.01 update to make copy protection not complain
> about a debugger)

Do we know how this game "detects" a debugger?  So if I make a TODO
list for this game, I should concentrate on getting InstallShield
running for it? The 1.01 patch level/debugging issue is not very
important.

Here's a list of problems for Warcraft 3
Critical issues:
* Bug 2075  (ie missing single player buttons)  I know how to fix this one.

Major issues:
* Imm32 is not complete.  Probably for internationalized versions.
* Quartz32 does not seem to support the divx codec the game uses.
* There is a sound lockup issue now.

Not so important one:
* D3D8 is the default game rendering mode, which work needs to be
done.  OpenGL mode is available which works perfectly.

There is lots more information, on copy protection in particular in
the HOWTO.  Copy protection does work.
http://appdb.winehq.com/appview.php?versionId=1177

Jesse