Google "Summer of Code"

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Fri Jun 3 18:36:57 CDT 2005

Am Freitag, 3. Juni 2005 20:26 schrieb Jesse Allen:
> On 6/3/05, Stefan Dösinger <stefandoesinger at gmx.at> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Well the biggest problem is the InstallShield installer, appart of this I
> > haven't noticed any problem.
> > (Well it needs the official 1.01 update to make copy protection not
> > complain about a debugger)
>
> Do we know how this game "detects" a debugger?  So if I make a TODO
> list for this game, I should concentrate on getting InstallShield
> running for it? The 1.01 patch level/debugging issue is not very
> important.
No, at least I don't know how it detects the debugger. But I think with this
update, it does not try to detect one any more, and the 1.0 version does this
only in the single player jasp.exe. The multiplayer .exe file jamp.exe works
fine out of the box.

Install shield is the only issue I know, and after a few hours of playing the
game aborts gracefully with some sort of out of memory message when trying to
load a new map. I don't know if this is a Wine issue, I've seen various
instabilities on Windows too.

Stefan