Google "Summer of Code"

Mike Hearn mh at codeweavers.com
Sat Jun 4 03:41:54 CDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-06-03 at 19:02 -0500, Robert Shearman wrote:
> No one should feel that they can't hack on InstallShield. However, if
> anyone has an InstallShield installer that doesn't work they send me
> links to free demos and I will do my best to get them installing.

Sure, obviously if somebody is interested then by all means help out.
I'd just rather people spent their time writing patches to other areas
than doing the work necessary to come up to speed on InstallShield
issues. The documentation is a lot better than it was, but it still took
both of us several months to really get a grip on the internals of DCOM,
and several months is time that could be spent improving D3D or
whatever.

thanks -mike