Half Life 2 error -- err:mmio:MMIO_ParseExtA

J. Grant jg at jguk.org
Sun Jun 5 17:41:14 CDT 2005

Hi Stefan

Thanks for your reply.

> These look harmless to me, the problem you have is that Steam refuses to work
> with Wines builtin shdocvw.dll and mshtml.dll, no matter if you install the
> Mozilla ActiveX control. Try installing Internet Explorer and set shdocvw and
> mshtml to native and try again.

I just copied the dlls from win2k. Is there a document approach to
install Internet Explorer through WINE?
I found this page: http://www.von-thadden.de/Joachim/WineTools/  is this
the way to do it?

Also, I used to be able to specify overrides on the command line, that
functionality seems to have been removed, with no mention of where it is
now.  Could you help me find the info in an FAQ or something please?

wine --dll shdocvw,mshtml=n Steam.exe -applaunch 220

I found this alternative approach from the man page:

WINEDLLOVERRIDES="shdocvw,mshtml=n"

wine Steam.exe -applaunch 220

This now starts, updates etc, but the login boxes are still blank, no
text and no way to enter into them.

I've not patched and built with Oliver Stieber's latest D3D9 patch.  has
anyone had success with the normal stable packages?  I am using 20050310
at present

Unfortunately, http://ivan.ivg2.net/hl2/ seems to be down for me at present.

Please include my email address in replies.

Kind regards
JG
--
Homepage: http://jguk.org/