[wine] Re: [msvcrt] Implement %I types for printf

David Lee Lambert lamber45 at cse.msu.edu
Tue Jun 7 10:03:30 CDT 2005

On Mon, Jun 06, 2005 at 05:32:52PM +0200, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> Jesse Allen <the3dfxdude at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Well it's rebuilding the format string, I thought for libc.  Is there
> > another %ll-like specifier?  %I64 certainly is not. =)
>
> No, I'm afraid there is no standard way of doing that. You won't be
> able to simply forward this one to libc, you'll need to do at least
> part of the formatting by hand.

The ll flag is specified by POSIX (2001, "System Interfaces", p. 404) and
is described by the Linux (dated 2000-10-16) and Solaris (SunOS 5.9)
manpages.  I'd certainly call that a "standard way", even if it's not
supported everywhere.

Apparently 4.4 BSD and older versions of Linux libc used a "%q" flag for
the same thing.  Would it be OK for Jesse to use a "configure" check to
see which is supported, at compile-time?

--
David Lee Lambert (also as4109 at wayne.edu)    cell ph# 586-873-8813
PGP key at http://www.cse.msu.edu/~lamber45/newmail.htm#GPGKey