Fix our waveout tests by adjusting for underrun conditions

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Tue Jun 7 11:25:33 CDT 2005

Jeremy White wrote:
> On my VIA8237 sound card at work, the Wave tests for winmm
> have been failing for me with Alsa.
>

> Now, this patch Works For Me (TM), on both of my systems,
> but turning off the xrun mode seems like a big step to me;
> I'd appreciate testing by any concerned parties.

This seems to cause severe problems for VirtualDub:
http://virtualdub.sourceforge.net/
Here is the movie I am using:
http://ftp.pub.cri74.org/pub/win9x/video/SampleMovie/

If you open and run the movie, it plays ok, including sound. But try
clicking stop in the middle of playing. Or when the movie gets to the
end, everything is stuck; it appears the program cannot tell that the
movie has ended.

This is on current CVS, with winealsa (I think, at least that is what is
set in my config file), and RH9.