Soliciting suggestions for AppDB

Scott Ritchie scott at open-vote.org
Thu Jun 9 12:37:48 CDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-08 at 19:32 -0500, Mitchell Mebane wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm putting together a Summer of Code proposal for working on the
> AppDB. I've been talking with Chris Morgan, and he has a few
> suggestions, but I was looking for more. Does anybody have any
> features they'd like added to the AppDB, quirks they'd like worked
> out, or things of that nature?
>
> Thanks,
> Mitchell Mebane
> --
> The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet.
> --Aristotle

For best results, integrate it with Bugzilla.  I should be able to go to
an application in AppDB, fill out a form that says "bugs affecting this
application" and that should then link me to those bugzilla bugs.

Bonus points for doing it in reverse.  That way we can sorta prioritize
what bugs we hunt after (if we're in a bug-hunting rather than
particular app mood - particularly important as we try and stabilize
Wine to end regressions for maintained apps).  I have a suspicion it'll
invite fans of a particular app to participate as well (since they'll
have a specific bug to try and tackle).

Thanks,
Scott Ritchie