Wine does not build [ wined3d ]

Ivan Gyurdiev ivg2 at cornell.edu
Thu Jun 9 20:37:59 CDT 2005

> The thing is that Wine actually compiled for me (and apparently for
> Alexandre as he doesn't commit the patches that doesn't compile) without
> any warning or an error. A reason it didn't compile for you is a more
> recent gcc version you are using. If you could take that into consideration
> before complaining or blaming somebody next time that would be really nice.

No offense intended (though I was trolling a bit).

My only intention was to help, and I was a bit annoyed by not being
able to compile wine, so I can test the thing I wanted to test in the
first place (HL2).

I realize that the last bug I filed is obviously a gcc bug. At the same
time I disagree with you that gcc is the only problem here, and
I believe part of the problem is poor testing with gcc4. Just because
the compiler is new, it does not mean that it should be ignored.

--
Ivan Gyurdiev <ivg2 at cornell.edu>
Cornell University