Debugger under Solaris

Robert Lunnon bobl at optushome.com.au
Fri Jun 10 18:17:09 CDT 2005

I need some help to implement the debugger under Solaris. In particular I need
help with how ptrace interacts with the threading model under Linux which I
understand uses processes for threads. Since Solaris has user mode threads,
stopping a pid stops all the threads in the debugee which used to deadlock
the debugger. This suggests I need to operate on threads within processes
rather than the processes themselves. This is possible with a few IPC tricks,
but I need to understand the semantics

Any volunteers ?