Dragon NS7 on wine

wino at piments.com wino at piments.com
Sat Jun 11 04:45:02 CDT 2005

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 09:55:24 +0200, René Rebe <rene at exactcode.de> wrote:

> I never got v8 to install - and I always start will clean wine installs,
> since
> I make a tar snapshot everytime I got s.th. new to work - and also tried
> with
> less stuff installed to see if e.g. some other applications changes the
> behaviour.

Very wise, you are obviously thorough in the way you work but these
questions have to be asked when tracking down a problem.

> and my registry does neither contain such an entry:
not a reg entry it was in the file nsinstalled.ini in the directory I
indicated. Maybe I was not clear enough when I types "cat *ini"

What do you have in ~/.wine/c/windows/Speech/Dragon ?

> I can neither change the install path during the installation ...
You should be able to. I did have to "insist" a bit , it did revert once
but I managed to go back and get the directory I wanted.

>>> And then when trying to start the applications a dlg that tells me that
the  'nstex50.dll' can not be found

This may be a corrolary of you your comcat error which I do not get.

Try googling for comcat.dll , in particular this seems relevant.

http://www.gky.com/HFWTechNotes/tn00005.htm

bis spaeter