Dragon NS7 on wine

René Rebe rene at exactcode.de
Mon Jun 13 12:11:06 CDT 2005

Hi,

On Monday 13 June 2005 19:01, you wrote:

> did you get the my comcat OK?

Yes - I got the file. However I have not yet injected it since I tried to get
some real work done. I played far too much with Wine last week ....

> I noticed that yours is exactly the same length but a different checksum.
>
> md5sum c/windows/system/comcat.dll
> 4e72c4b7eb91bca165fd04e0ab4f121e  c/windows/system/comcat.dll

I have two comcat.dll here myself. One that came with either IE or AutoCAD or
so and one from dlldump site. The same error was shown for both. I'll try
yours tonight. But I fear it is not the comcat.dll that makes the difference.
Well, we'll see.

> It seems odd that your NS installation had a few differences to mine, was
> it the german version? Mine was 7.00 english.

It was a multi language version that included 4 or 5 english variants and
german.

> The other thing that can make a big diffence is of course the wine version.
>
> What are you using ?

Yes I noticed this. I use the latested (Last month IIRC) snapshot. I also
tried wine-20041019 with no differenec. Where is -r3 from? Debian or Gentoo
or so?

> It is frustrating that this is so close but not quite there.

Yeah - guess how frustrating it is on my side with all the time I played with
Wine last week ...

I'm near to ask how big a tar.bz2 of your wine c drive is to just try to use
this ,-)

PS: I'm also quite suprised that NS v8 installed when run manually - just that
it does not come up as well ...

Sincerely yours,

--
René Rebe - Rubensstr. 64 - 12157 Berlin (Europe / Germany)
            http://www.exactcode.de | http://www.t2-project.org