Possible regressions in IE6 SP1 install

Mike Hearn mh at codeweavers.com
Sun Jun 19 08:08:27 CDT 2005

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 22:33:19 -0500, Rob Shearman wrote:
> Don't use native (core) Win98 DLLs.

In this case it can't be avoided, IE installer unzips a native
advapi32.dll into the same directory it runs from, so it overrides
builtin advapi. Our GDI32 then calls a function which is exported by this
native advapi but not implemented as part of a while conditional, so we
enter an infinite loop.

I debugged this a couple of years ago I guess, the solution now as then is
to set "advapi32=b" as a DLL override. I'm not sure how else to fix this,
except by making advapi32 one of the magic DLLs that will never be loaded
as native. I think that solution was dropped though.

thanks -mike