World of Warcraft

Ove Kaaven ovek at arcticnet.no
Sun Jun 19 12:57:43 CDT 2005

søn, 19,.06.2005 kl. 16.07 +0100, skrev Mike Hearn:
> On Sat, 2005-06-18 at 05:12 -0400, Ove Kaaven wrote:
> > That OpenGL hotfix is for 1.5.0 (improved ARB_pixel_format, something
> > Wine already have). The VM issue this thread is about is in 1.5.1. This
> > is not the fix you're looking for.
>
> Ah OK, thanks.
>
> I guess you don't wish to tell us what the bug is? If not then I'd
> understand completely.

It looks like a game bug related to virtual memory to me, and it's
possible to do a couple of configuration changes in Cedega to provoke
different virtual memory layouts, which apparently makes a difference.
Exactly why, I don't know. Since workarounds exist for now, and it's not
a simple bug to track down, and it's possible Blizzard may simply fix
the bug themselves in a future update, this is not important enough that
I've been told to drop my current tasks and do an in-depth investigation
of this instead.