Change Name of "Wine Marlett" Font

Andreas Mohr andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de
Tue Jun 21 09:57:46 CDT 2005

Hi,

On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 03:27:12PM +0100, Huw D M Davies wrote:
> It would be nice to have the Windows fonts overload the Wine ones if
> they're present, which is what the current scheme does.  Now, for
> TrueType fonts we could set the version low enough such that the
> Windows fonts would win, but there's no version associated with a .fon
> font so we couldn't use that trick there.
This might be problematic if some special software checks the font version,
in case of a lower, non-standard Wine font version number.
Or are font versions such randomly distributed that Windows programs wouldn't
make such assumptions anyway?

As for .fon files, wouldn't it be possible to abuse (slightly modify)
any other .fon struct item to indicate a Wine font that should have
low priority?
A version value really isn't that special when it comes to making a good
distinction...

Andreas Mohr