Change Name of "Wine Marlett" Font

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Tue Jun 21 10:42:53 CDT 2005

Huw D M Davies <h.davies1 at physics.ox.ac.uk> writes:

> On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 04:50:50PM +0200, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> > Can't this be based on the font path, using the first font we find in
> > the path?  Then we just have to make sure the Windows dir is searched
> > first.
>
> That would work if the Wine fonts end up in the Windows dir, but
> aren't they likely to get installed into somewhere under
> /usr/share/fonts ?

Well, yes, the idea would be to search the Windows dir before
/usr/share/fonts.

> Also, I like the versioning thing, it lets me have the ms webfonts
> under /usr/share/fonts and have /win/winnt/fonts in my fontconfig
> path.  This way, if my Windows partition has a newer version of Arial than
> the ms webfonts I get to use that, rather than it being on a first
> come first serve basis.

Sure, for fonts that have versions the priority can be based on
that. First come first serve would only be for fonts that can't be
versioned.

> Can't we just add the Replacement keys to wine.inf and be done with
> it?

Yes, but that's ugly, Wine should be able to behave sanely without
special registry entries.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org