system wide file lock server

Vitaly Lipatov lav at etersoft.ru
Wed Jun 22 14:31:44 CDT 2005

And again about standalone (system wide) file lock server.
WINE provides file locking capabilities, its realized in ntdll -> wineserver.

I propose light solution for multiuser lock support - start existing
wineserver as independent service under special user and use it specially for
file locking purposes.  What the objective reasons do not do so?
It can be realized with the same code as already exist in wineserver. We can
disable this mode during compiling (it depends how we realized
wine_server_call special for file related functions).

Any suggestions?

--
Vitaly Lipatov, ALT Linux Team
Russia, Saint-Petersburg, www.etersoft.ru