cabinet.dll status ?

Gerold J. Wucherpfennig gjwucherpfennig at gmx.net
Fri Jun 24 13:11:32 CDT 2005

On Friday 24 June 2005 14:32, Tom Wickline wrote:
> Hello Gerold,
>
> I currently list cabinet.dll at 80% completion can you let me know
> what you feel
> the current status should be?
>
> Would you like for me to add you as the current worker? I just looked
> through CVS and seem to be the main developer now for cabinet.dll
>
> http://www.winehq.org/site/status_dlls
>
> Thanks,
> Tom

Hi Tom,

I thank you very much for asking me about cabinet.dll. :)
I would really like to be added as the current worker. :)

My personal opinion about the completition status, not specifically about
cabinet.dll, is that the status should be roughly equal to the amount of
code that is implemented compared to the 100% of code .

Right now the status based on the percieved amount of usage of the
respective API functions. That of course is a bit optimistic, because
API functions that are used most  will be implemented first and the
amount of work that is required to complete the remaining API
functions may be underestimated.

Regarding cabinet.dll: circa half of the required code and half of the
required functions is in CVS right now. Nevertheless I think that you
should keep the current completition status as it is right now, because
first it would look strange when the status would decrease and second
I hope that my current patch will be committed soon which will put the
completition status to what it is listed right now.

Regards,
Gerold