CrossOver licensing behaviour?

Andreas Mohr andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de
Mon Jun 27 03:36:37 CDT 2005

Hi,

On Mon, Jun 27, 2005 at 11:07:30AM +0300, Shachar Shemesh wrote:
> Andreas Mohr wrote:
>
> >Hi and greetings from LinuxTag in Karlsruhe!
> >
> >At our booth we had a visitor who told me that the version of
> >CrossOver Office that he had been using issued a timely warning
> >about license expiration few months before finally actually ceasing
> >to provide service exactly after one year.
> >

> Could it have been an email sent to notify the user the the *support* is
> about to expire?
It most likely was.

I'd think that it simply was a random (upgrade/downgrade/killgrade/...)
breakage (quote Jeremy: "sometimes you've gotta love Linux") causing CXO
to go down, unrelated to any notification of *support* expiration.

It might be a good idea to state in support expiration notifications that
this does *not* result in usage expiration of CXO at the same time,
i.e. that CXO can be used in an unlimited fashion, yet without support now.
But OTOH such a statement might be counter-productive for new support sales ;-)

Andreas Mohr