vartest.c - major pain in the build process

Ferenc Wagner wferi at afavant.elte.hu
Wed Mar 2 15:46:34 CST 2005

"Dmitry Timoshkov" <dmitry at baikal.ru> writes:

> "Ivan Leo Puoti" <ivanleo at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> In order to see what tests are affected by desktop visibility and which don't
>>> you have to run in both modes and compare the results. Why do it twice if it
>>> can be avoided? Right now any failure in the tests can be attributed to the
>>> desktop visibility, and until it's fixed nobody is going to fix the tests.
>>
>> You should email the guy who maintains winrash :-)
>
> First of all that should be a collective request, not just
> a single voice in the dark.

Yours may be a single voice, but definitely not in the dark,
I hope.  Even if I'm a little dense sometimes.

> And I believe it should be a Wine test site maintainers
> responsibility (it's WineHQ web space after all), winrash
> has no direct relationship to Wine development since it's
> not in the Wine CVS.

Yes, it's a problem, I find it pretty hard to understand
some corners of winrash.  But it's mainly that installer
thingie, not the core functionality...

Back to the point, having no way to reliably determine
desktop visibility there's not much I (or even winetest) can
do to effect this.  It's winrash we have to change, I'm
afraid.
--
Feri.