Voodoo3, Banshee and D3D

Troy Rollo wine at troy.rollo.name
Mon Mar 7 18:19:09 CST 2005

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 10:44, Raphael wrote:
> Commenting this line is not a solution.
> D3D8 default behavior have this mode enabled.
> what we can do is to disable it on older hardware (when we be able to have
> a proper hardware detection)

I wasn't suggesting that was the right way to fix it, just noting that it did
in fact did fix it, which is useful information in that it confirms this is
the problem for that hardware.

Given the age of the hardware I didn't plan to get into finding the correct
fix, since the hack works for the time being to allow me to debug other
problems and I haven't heard of anybody else complaining about D3D on Voodoo3
and  Banshee cards.