building programs

Rob D rddone at att.net
Mon Mar 7 17:01:49 CST 2005

Thank you VERY much. I changed alot of things, including reinstalling
Debian to get rid of 3 different source installs, and some gcc tweaks I had
done before I learned muc about it, but I am sure the suggestions you gave
resulted in perfectly clean builds on Debian Sarge. After some tweaking of
my source code, and reformatting of some text mode data files, I was able
to get my half a million lines of code to run more than well enough for my
presentation. I have renewed confidence in the Wine project now.

I am still having a few issues with compiling on Solaris, but they are
probably just environment related, and my main issue of getting my
presentation by today was VERY successful and will probably result in
migrating our entire development team off the dreadful Windows platform!!!

I just want to stress how pivotal yours and Boaz's help was in me getting
this project completed on time. I never would have been able to do it
without your help. Thank you again.

I dont know how much help Ill be able to contribute to this list right
away, since I have very little Linux/Unix experience, but I should be able
to help with issues that come up on the list that require intricate
knowledge of Windows API, since I have been programming on the "Dark Side"
for over a decade now.

Ok, Ill shut up now.
Thanks again, Boaz and Vincent.

Rob Done