[HELP] Quartz and FFMpeg question

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Tue Mar 8 04:41:30 CST 2005

On Sun, 6 Mar 2005, Christian Costa wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm working on a video wrapper around libavcodec from FFMpeg.
>
> Currently I can play rle, msvideo1 and mjpeg movies.
> But before submitting anything I must handle the dependency with libavcodec
> (and maybe libavformat in the future).
> AFAIK there is no stable API

How do other projects that use libavcodec and ffmpeg deal with the
binary compatibility issue? At least here (Debian) mplayer depends on
the libavcodec package instead of copying the source (but it's a bit of
a special case as they come from a third-party package repository).

                           "Utilisateur" (nom commun) :
        Mot utilis\xE9 par les informaticiens en lieu et place d'"idiot".