Wine in the press

Brian Vincent brian.vincent at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 12:34:34 CST 2005

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 17:58:54 +0000, Mike Hearn <mike at navi.cx> wrote:
> A bit long, and not everyone will know what WGA is. I'd suggest just
> paraphrasing it:
>
> "Wine is the most popular third party translation technology in use"
>   -Microsoft

No, I wouldn't do that.  I don't think it's libel, but IANAL and I
don't really know.

I can't think of a good way to include the quote anywhere on the main
page.  Maybe it makes more sense starting off the "About" page?

Or, even better, we (and by "we" I mean someone other than me) go
through some of the articles printed about Wine in the past year and
dig out about 5 - 10 really good quotes.  Then we (and by "we" I mean
Newman) figures out a way to randomly the select the quotes and
display them on the main page.  Then just include the Microsoft quote
with them.  I think that would be neat and it would advertise a lot
more.

In completely unrelated news, I've been meaning to send out something
in the next few days reminding people to book hotel rooms for
Wineconf.  There is still space available - if they told you otherwise
please double check.  March 17th is the last date for reserving a room
there.  Also, I need to sit down and spend some time looking over
agenda ideas.  If you have any ideas at all, or want to present
something cool, let me know.

- Brian