Wine in the press

Brian Vincent brian.vincent at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 17:17:37 CST 2005

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 13:31:12 -0600, Jeremy Newman
<jnewman at codeweavers.com> wrote:
> Just get me a list of quotes, and I will whip up a plugin for the
> website that randomly displays them.

I can't pass up an offer like that.  Thanks Jeremy!  See below for quotes.

> Not 100% sure where to put them.
> Possibly in the footer underneath the news. Similar to the random blurb
> you see in the footer of the slashdot page. Or, I make a new box that
> appears underneath the wine release box before the WWN box.

I like the idea of a new box under the WWN box.

Okay, here's six:
"If you simply must run your Windows programs, chances are you can
make them work with Wine." - Tom's Hardware Guide

"Experts say the use of Wine by a corporation such as Disney to solve
a technology problem gives legitimacy to the idea of running Linux on
the desktop." - eWeek

"Wine seems to be a good starting point for users who want to make the
break from Windows to Linux" - Scott Lowe, ZDNet UK

"[Wine is] just great for filling in the gaps in my installation" -
Roger Mier,Linux.com

"Although there are a few methods of emulation available, Wine is one
of the most complete and effective" - Chad Robinson, Robert Frances
Group Inc.

"[Wine is] the most popular third-party translation technology in use"
- Microsoft spokesperson

-Brian