Reporting "Unknown EXE OS version" and a non-functioning program

Pavel Troller patrol at arcus.sinus.cz
Thu Mar 10 23:13:17 CST 2005

Hi!
  Because my kids are obsessed by trains and everything about them, I've
decided to download them a train simulation game. Because I refuse to use
anything from M$ and I didn't find any train simulator for Linux, I've found
and downloaded a free "miniature train simulator", available for download at
http://jeanmichel.kerdal.free.fr/Train/train.zip . I've unzipped the package
and tried to run the Install.exe file. But the only I get is
patrol at arcus:~/train$ wine Install.exe
fixme:ver:VERSION_GetLinkedDllVersion Unknown EXE OS version 4.0, please report !!
fixme:ole:CoRegisterMessageFilter stub
fixme:ole:OleLoadPictureEx (0x7f9bdd4c,326,0,{7bf80980-bf32-101a-8bbb-00aa00300cab},x=0,y=0,f=0,0x720dfb0c), partially implemented.
fixme:ole:OLEPictureImpl_SaveAsFile (0x767bd768)->(0x767bffd0, 0, (nil)), hacked stub.
The program then simply runs and waits fot the rain (or maybe train :-) ?)
without any visible activity and should be killed.
  Normally I wouldn't report this because there is still a lot of programs which
are incompatible with wine (oh these windows programmers... :-) ). But this
one explicitly asked for reporting, so I'm just doing what it asked for :-).
  This is with a fresh wine CVS update, which reports itself as wine-20050310.

                             With regards, Pavel Troller