wine/ misc/registry.c documentation/samples/config

Mike McCormack mike at codeweavers.com
Sat Mar 12 09:50:22 CST 2005

Mike Hearn wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 16:20:42 +0100, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
>
>>There should be an "import existing Windows drive" function in
>>winecfg, or something along those lines, that would create symlinks to
>>the Windows install and import the registry.
>

> You mean by moving the native registry loading code out of the Wine core?
>
> Is anybody working on this, or will it just be a feature regression until
> somebody changes the way we use native drives?

If we just let that "feature" die a quiet death, it would encourage
people to use Wine with builtin dlls, test them more, encourage bug
reporting and development of Wine code.

People would moan and complain, but in the end Wine and Wine users would
be better off, as they would no longer depend on anything but Wine to
run their Windows software.

Mike