wine/ misc/registry.c documentation/samples/config

Steven Edwards steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 12 12:35:36 CST 2005

Hi,

--- Mike McCormack <mike at codeweavers.com> wrote:
> People would moan and complain, but in the end Wine and Wine users would
> be better off, as they would no longer depend on anything but Wine to
> run their Windows software.

I have to agree. Short term being able to load the Windows registry and Windows
system dlls helped Wine but long term it has led to stagnation. Most of the
recent growth in Wine in past few years has been because we are being forced to
not be dependant on a existing Windows install or Windows componates such as DCOM
IE, MSI, etc which is a good thing.

Thanks
Steven