Scrollkeeper, the documentation, XML, and the way forward

Scott Ritchie scott at open-vote.org
Sun Mar 13 02:27:32 CST 2005

On Sun, 2005-03-13 at 03:11 -0500, Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 12, 2005 at 04:57:22PM -0800, Scott Ritchie wrote:
> > 1) Create a new directory for all XML documentation at wine/doc.  This
> > will also bring us to be more standard.
>
> You better check with Alexandre first, I doubt he'll go for it.

Well, let's discuss it here then.  What's so great about SGML, when
scrollkeeper doesn't like it and we can convert it to html/txt with
similar tools to the ones we use now?

> > 3) We follow the steps at the above link to add scrollkeeper into the
> > configure scripts after we convert the first document to XML.  I vote
> > for the Wine User Guide, since I'm working on it.
>
> You should coordinate with Brian, he has patches waiting for the winecfg
> work, it would be a shame if this work creates a big problem for him.

I'm aware of it.  We've discussed it.  Although I would urge you guys to
get winecfg working so Brian can commit his patches and the
documentation can creep out of the stone ages :)

Thanks,
Scott Ritchie