Borland C++ Buildeer under Wine

Oliver Stieber oliver_stieber at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Mar 13 08:35:13 CST 2005

--- Andrew Neil Ramage <nrsc16850 at blueyonder.co.uk>
wrote:
> Below is the last three lines of error messages
> printed when I tried to
> run Borland C++ Builder under wine.  (There were
> pages and pages of
> error messages after I hit Ctrl-C in the terminal I
> had started BCB.EXE
> from.)
>
> Is this a known bug in Wine ?
>
> err:syslevel:_EnterSysLevel (0x40797840, level 2):
> Holding 0x4083ccc0,
> level 3. Expect deadlock!
> err:syslevel:_CheckNotSysLevel Holding lock
> 0x4083ccc0 level 3
> err:seh:setup_exception stack overflow 176 bytes in
> thread 0009 eip
> 004078d5 esp 405b0f50 stack 0x405b0000-0x406b0000
> [andrew at zeus BIN]$

The stack overflow looks like somethings got stuck in
a loop, which is problably why there were pages and
pages of messages.

What version of CBuilder are you using, CBuilder <=5
used to work.

http://www.borland.com/products/downloads/download_cbuilderx.html
CBuilder X claims to run on linux OOTB.

I've got standard on the shelf,