Scrollkeeper, the documentation, XML, and the way forward

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Sun Mar 13 10:52:18 CST 2005

On Sun, Mar 13, 2005 at 11:53:01AM +0100, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> Scott Ritchie <scott at open-vote.org> writes:
> There's nothing great about SGML, no argument here; but as far as I
> can tell XML is the same mess except a bit worse. And I can't say I'm
> particularly thrilled to have to change all the documentation every
> couple of years just to follow the so-called standard of the day.

As Mike pointed out already, I don't think it's a big deal to convert
to XML. One benefit would be to get away from the awful DSSSL crap.
With XSLT we at least have a chance of modifying it if we need to :)

However, I was concerned about the new doc/ directory that Scott
had in mind, I'm not sure we need it for this conversion.

--
Dimi.