Scrollkeeper, the documentation, XML, and the way forward

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Sun Mar 13 10:58:07 CST 2005

On Sun, Mar 13, 2005 at 09:13:31AM -0700, Brian Vincent wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 16:57:22 -0800, Scott Ritchie <scott at open-vote.org> wrote:
> > 1) Create a new directory for all XML documentation at wine/doc.  This
> > will also bring us to be more standard.
>
> The key is that we use Docbook's SGML.  Docbook now supports XML and
> converting the SGML is as easy Mike said:
> http://infohost.nmt.edu/tcc/help/pubs/docbook42/convert-4-1-section.html

Except for (2), they should fix emacs's xml-mode instead. No need to
further uglify the docs.

> nice if we could dynamically display (or at least build daily) XML
> from CVS and display it on WineHQ.  We've had problems in the past
> where the docs on the website have been 3 or 4 months out of date
> compared to CVS.  Newman may have fixed this last year, but I'm not
> really sure what the current process is to get docs up.

IIRC Newman regenerate the docs only at Wine releases, so that's why
they are so our of synch with CVS. Not sure this is what we want though.
AFAIAC, I'd like the docs at WineHQ to track CVS as close as possible.

--
Dimi.