MSI: add property IDs for MSI summary information

Juan Lang juan_lang at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 14 09:49:33 CST 2005

--- Mike McCormack <mike at codeweavers.com> wrote:
> Yes, it's really in MsiDefs.h from the Windows Platform SDK.

Weird.

> As far as I can tell, MSI also reimplements the property set storage
> code, as it makes no calls to the ole storage implementation of
> IPropertySetStorage.  Perhaps there is some subtle difference between
> the two implementations?  Or maybe they did that because
> IPropertySetStorage isn't available on earlier OLE implemenations?

More likely the former, though I wouldn't hazard a guess as to why.  MS
allows you to reimplement these, they just provide a default impl.  It's
been around for quite a while, though, the best description I've found is
from 1993-1995, well before MSI:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/archive/en-us/dnarolegen/html/msdn_propset.asp

--Juan