Are mailslots implemented?

Mike McCormack mike at codeweavers.com
Mon Mar 14 10:44:19 CST 2005

Kuba Ober wrote:
> Is the one-way mailslot IPC implemented in wine?

No.

> I'm getting fixme:sync:CreateMailslotW(...): stub messages. Is this a simple
> thing to implement, or would it require additions to the server protocol?

Yes, it needs to be implemented in the server.  I started writing it
some time ago, but never got round to completing it.  I submitted a test
case...

Which application uses mailslots?  I only ever found one real
application that used them, and that was "Declan's Korean Dictionary"
from [1].

If you're interested, I can send you what I wrote.  It's probably very
out of date by now though.

Mike

[1] http://www.declan-software.com/korean.htm#Software