Are mailslots implemented? [inter-domain mailslots]

Kuba Ober kuba at mareimbrium.org
Mon Mar 14 11:44:33 CST 2005

Answering myself, partially:

After a quick read: libsmbclient.h doesn't expose any datagram stuff. That
means we'd need to import samba internal headers in order to use the relevant
functions which I hope are in libsmbclient.so. Or maybe just make a header
with a couple definitions for just the stuff that we need. What are the
policies on such stuff?

readelf'ing it showed a couple nice ones like cli_send_mailslot. That's what
we need, I hope :)

Jelmer: what is the stability of mailslot-related function API in
libsmbclient?

I would do an dlopen to bind it at runtime, only if available, so that wine
wouldn't get a samba dependency. Otherwise I plan on issuing a warning and
reverting to the current-session-only mailslots. Is that a good plan?

Cheers, Kuba