Wine FAQ removed from the doc tarballs

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Fri Mar 18 07:10:31 CST 2005

On Fri, Mar 18, 2005 at 02:04:08PM +0100, Francois Gouget wrote:
> But I don't see any reason not to put it in wine-doc-html.tar.gz or
> wine-doc-txt.tar.gz. The idea of these tar files is so that one can get
> all the Wine documentation with just one download and the FAQ is part of
> the documentation.

Yes, but I can not possibly see why would anyone want to download and
read the FAQ like this. A FAQ is essentially a Web type of document,
best view and browsed on the Web. By including it in those packages,
we just make them bigger for 99.99% of the users that don't care
about the FAQ, and those users are probably the ones that have most
bandwidth restrictions anyway.

But I'm not totally against it being there, if people feel strongly
that we must, I'll go with the flow.

--
Dimi.