TlsAlloc limitation in winxp mode

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Fri Mar 18 18:52:44 CST 2005

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005, Michael Ost wrote:
[...]
> Thanks. I suspected that was the way to go. Should the TlsAlloc code, or
> perhaps the thread init code, check on the windows emulation version and
> allow the right number of slots... 64, 80 or 1088?

We try not to make the implementation depend on the emulated Windows
version unless we find an application that absolutely depends on it. The
rationale is that this keeps Wine's code as simple as possible (it's
complex enough as it is).

  "Only wimps use tape backup: _real_ men just upload their important stuff on
        ftp, and let the rest of the world mirror it ;)" -- Linus Torvalds