[WINEALSA] multiple sound card support patch review needed

Paul van Schayck polleke at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 12:33:01 CST 2005

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 16:06:52 -0500, Robert Reif <reif at earthlink.net> wrote:
> This patch adds multiple sound card support to the ALSA driver.
>
> My system shows 3 sound devices: a builtin sound card,
> a builtin modem and a usb sound card.
>
> The wave regression tests have problems with the modem.
> I'm not sure it is an ALSA problem or a problem with this
> patch.
>
> Could someone familiar with ALSA look this patch over.
> I would also like feedback from any brave testers that have
> multiple sound cards.

I have an ALSA system with 3 soundcards and 4 devices. So, a good
testcase for this patch. I tried the CVS of today (that includes this
patch now) with ASRC (http://www.asrc.info). But it seems to have a
winealsa regression that wasn't there a week ago and not directly
related to this patch.

To try to find the problem I have minimized my setup. Back to the
common emu10k1 driver with a SBLive! 5.1 and no ~/.asoundrc with
things like dmix and asym.
I have attached a log of a +wave run of the application with this setup.

Paul