[WINEALSA] multiple sound card support patch review needed

Paul van Schayck polleke at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 13:03:38 CST 2005

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 14:44:30 -0500, Robert Reif <reif at earthlink.net> wrote:
> I downloaded the program and ran it and don't even get as far as you got.
>
> Try different devices and combinations of devices:
> hw, plug:hw plughw
> and see if that helps. I'll look into it when I get some more time.

Updated my tree. App works again. Can now also test the behaviour of this patch.

When setting your PlaybackDevice to a dmix plug device you will get a
list of (the same) dmix devices. This works arround it, but not really
nicely I think:

char *prev_name;
if(strcmp(snd_pcm_info_get_name(info),prev_name))
            prev_name = (char *)snd_pcm_info_get_name(info);
else
            continue;

And I think you should not break out of the detect loop when you can't
open a device. There might be more devices you can use arround.
Talking about this break:

snd_pcm_open(&h, wwo->device, SND_PCM_STREAM_PLAYBACK, SND_PCM_NONBLOCK);
if (!h)
            break;

Changing this to a continue will make my second soundcard device show
up if my first (no hardware mixing) is in use.

Paul