Attempt to make buttons themed

Mike Hearn mike at navi.cx
Mon Mar 21 17:18:37 CST 2005

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 20:05:57 +0100, Frank Richter wrote:
> Hi,
> to see how easy (or not) it would be to make the controls use themes, I
> tried to get themed buttons; the result is the attached patch (to try it
> out, you need an .msstyles file and appropriate registry setup). It's
> probably not perfect as it is, comments/questions are welcome.

Hey, brilliant work! Definitely submit this - it doesn't matter if not
everything is themed all at once, this can be a long term project and the
approach you've taken seems to be a good one.

Yes XP does not theme all apps for compatibility reasons. Once more of our
controls are themable I guess we can start to worry about switching it on
at the right time.

I'd suggest posting this to wine-patches and seeing what happens. Once we
get it into CVS, would you be willing to move on and do the other controls?

thanks -mike