ipaddress: uniform naming

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Fri Mar 25 10:22:50 CST 2005

"Dimitrie O. Paun" <dpaun at rogers.com> writes:

> I figured I might as well be consistent. The problem with LowerLimit
> is the capital at the beginning, I don't remember where I got the (bad)
> idea to name it like that. We don't use such naming anywhere, and I really
> think I did a mistake when I went for it. Maybe lowerLimit is a more
> acceptable solution? But do you really think it's worth having an exception
> to the rule for a little 'n'?

I don't think there's any point in trying to impose such silly rules
on ourselves, and I really don't see what's wrong with starting with a
capital letter. That's also the way Windows does it in most places
where it doesn't have the Hungarian crap. Of course I think using all
lowercase would be a lot more readable, but if you are going to use
uppercase "LowerLimit" is much better than "lowerLimit".

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org