version: Use proper type for third parameter of VerQueryValue

James Hawkins truiken at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 23:42:37 CST 2005

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 14:02:03 +0900, Dmitry Timoshkov <dmitry at baikal.ru> wrote:
> "James Hawkins" <truiken at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Changelog
> > * Use proper type for third parameter of VerQueryValue
>
> > -DWORD       WINAPI VerQueryValueA(LPVOID,LPCSTR,LPVOID*,UINT*);
> > -DWORD       WINAPI VerQueryValueW(LPVOID,LPCWSTR,LPVOID*,UINT*);
> > +BOOL       WINAPI VerQueryValueA(const LPVOID,LPCSTR,UINT*,UINT*);
> > +BOOL       WINAPI VerQueryValueW(const LPVOID,LPCWSTR,UINT*,UINT*);
>
> Where did you get it? PSDK agrees with current Wine definition on
> the 3rd param type. Also the 2nd param should not be 'const'.

My PSDK (Server 2003) has this definition:

BOOL VerQueryValue(
    const LPVOID pBlock,
    LPTSTR lpSubBlock,
    PUINT lplpBuffer,
    PUINT puLen
);

And msdn agrees with it:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/winui/winui/windowsuserinterface/resources/versioninformation/versioninformationreference/versioninformationfunctions/verqueryvalue.asp

I wrote this patch to keep up with the PSDK, but if we want to keep
the original definition, then that's cool too.  I can fix the error
when compiling visual studio another way.  What are some thoughts
about this?

--
James Hawkins