Max Payne 2 IDirect3DDevice8Impl_ActiveRender error

Oliver Stieber oliver_stieber at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Mar 29 06:33:45 CST 2005

On Sunday 27 March 2005 13:07, Tom Huckstep wrote:
> Max Payne 2 works fine under the latest Wine CVS through all the 2D parts
> (menus), but as soon as I start a new game and it gets to a 3D bit the
> screen goes completely blank and I get lots of the following error on my
> terminal:
>
> err:d3d:IDirect3DDevice8Impl_ActiveRender cannot get valides GLXFBConfig for

It's a problem with off-screen textures, your card doesn't support the required type, try changing X from 32bit to 16bit or visa-versa and see it that helps.
I'm working on a more permanent fix for directX 9 at the moment, but it will take a little while to make into DirectX 8.

(FYI. The vesa driver supports 16bit, but it will use mesa for rendering which is software and slow)

--

ICQ 169222899
MSN oliverthered at hotmail.com