short-circuting a dialog box?

Shachar Shemesh wine-devel at shemesh.biz
Tue May 3 03:56:35 CDT 2005

Kees Cook wrote:

>I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to short-circuit a dialog
>box.  Basically, I want to traps calls to DialogBoxParam, pump calls
>into lpDialogFunc for dialog init, and then clicking of the "Ok" button,
>and finally trap calls to EndDialog.
>
>It seems that this is ... hard.  :)  There is a lot of resource loading,
>window initialization code, etc that goes on inside DialogBoxParam, and
>I'd need to handle all of that, I think.  There even appears to be
>issues with 16 vs 32 bit handler addresses, etc.  Looks really ugly.
>
>Is there a simpler way to programatically click "Ok" on a dialog box?
>(The dialog box coming from code that I don't have source for...)

For simple things, merely sending the dialog a WM_COMMAND with the right
parameters will do it for you. You can programatically find the dialog
using "FindWindow".

I've done such things before. For simple things, this works very well.
As soon as things stop being simple, this gets very hairy very fast.
Just hope that your case is a simple one.

          Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh
Lingnu Open Source Consulting ltd.