Commercial support

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Wed May 4 07:51:26 CDT 2005

On Tue, May 03, 2005 at 03:22:34PM -0500, Jeremy White wrote:
> site should be open to anyone that requests to
> be listed there, and that it should be in alphabetical
> order.

Name recognition matters. In fact, for Open Source companies
it may be the only thing they have to work with. As such,
I think the order is important. I'm afraid that going the
alphabetical order way we're sending the wrong message:
"Don't bother sending patches in, just choose a company
name that sorts high". And ultimately, this is bad for Wine.

Also, this seems to be blown out of proportion: none of the
possible candidates have a problem with a ranked list.
In fact, I think 3 out of 4 supported the idea :) Why not
just do that?

--
Dimi.